Step 1: Cut a hole in a box…j/k
- Box - Amazon Example
- Felt - Amazon Example
- Styrofoam - Preferably a couple ~1.5 inch thick pieces
- Printed Cover Cross Symbol - STL
- Gold Leaf Kit - Amazon Example
- Serrated Knife
- Hot Glue Gun
- Super Glue
Until I’m forced to build another one this will remain textual.
- Assemble the box
- Cut foam to make two pieces that will stack in the box
- Lay the completed figure as a cross on top of one of the styrofoam pieces
- Use a marker to trace the outline of the figure leaving about 1/2 inch gap.
- Use a serated knife of tool of your choice to cut the figure out. You’ll end up with very thin pieces at the edges. Your choice if its worth it to preserve them.
- Using hot glue affix the cut portions to the top of the intact syrofoam sheet.
- Lay the felt over the sytrofoam and cut around the outside leaving at least 3 inch of felt on all sides.
- Using the glue gun attach the felt to the styrofoam. It’ a real pain in the arse. You’ll have wrinkles and folds. It’s not fun, I don’t enjoy doing it.
- Using the glue gun attatch the strofoam inside the box.
- Print the cross/shield symbol. Preferably in gold.
- (Optional) Cover cross/shield symbol in gold leaf. The images above one is gold leaf and the other is just gold printed filmanet. Choose wisely gold leaf is also a pita.
- Attach cross/shielf to the front of the box with super glue.